Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Mom the Rock Star


We are all recovering from the Retirement Extravaganza for my mom. Last night started with a wonderful open house at one of her schools. People from all over the area came to give her their best wishes. Then we had a very nice dinner at the Vernon Manor. Lots of people got up and said the most wonderful things about my mom and her impact on the lives of children with disabilities in southern Ohio. Chris leaned over during dinner and said, "I never knew your mom was a Rock Star."

As Mom heads for her last days of working, I think about all the great things that will happen for us. I KNOW that the quality of meals will increase because I am sure she will be cooking all the time. I now have a sick day babysitter. Best of all, my Mom gets to take time to do the things she WANTS to do! Yeah, Mom!!!

No comments: