Monday, May 19, 2008

10 things I learned this weekend...

This weekend, Alex, Mom, Grandpa and I went to DC to see my cousin Danny graduate from Georgetown Medicine. We had such a wonderful weekend. We made such a great memory. I did learn a few things this weekend.

1. When surrounded by great architecture and monuments in our nation's capital, the average 6th grade boy will be most impressed by riding the subway.

2. My family are good people, so loving and caring, but can make the manager in an Italian restaurant twitchy with one look.

3. Once you use how to use the subway in one city, you really can use it an any city.

4. Drunk guys in bars still hit on me.

5. My Uncle Ron still sees me as one of the kids (and I'm OK with that).

6. I can eat calamari without throwing up (only with a really good sauce).

7. Georgetown is the most beautiful college campus I have ever seen.

8. My grandpa needs to write a book about his life. There is SOOO much we don't know.

9. A guy in a gown can bring 8 adults to tears in an instant.

10. Doctors can be brilliant even if they look like Justin Timberlake.

Congratulations Danny! You are everything that a patient would want in a doctor, smart, compassionate, charming, and a little scared shitless!

No comments: