Sunday, January 11, 2009

Don't mess with me...

If Tucker could talk, I am sure that is exactly what he is saying with this look on his face. I am sure he might have even slipped a baby curse word in there as well. And who could blame him...

Tucker had the Rota virus and hadn't kept anything down for 5 days. I met Kimmie at the hospital Thursday night and stayed there with her since she hadn't slept in days. He was severely dehydrated. They tried for 2 hours and stuck him everywhere from his feet to his skull to try and get an IV. He was so dehydrated, they couldn't get it. They even called in neonatal intensive care nurses but no luck. So Kim and I had to feed him 10ml of Pedialyte every 15 minutes for 6 hours from midnight to 6. Then we gradually upped the amount throughout the day.

He is doing better now. He threw up once yesterday, but has kept everything else down. I even got a phone call with him giggling in the background. I think Kimmie might take a little longer to recover. She accidentally locked him in the car yesterday because she was so tired. Mom went down to help her out yesterday.

Thanks for all your well wishes!!

No comments: