Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Driving Susan Crazy

I am getting settled after my trip to Boston. I had such a great week. I think that all teachers need to find something like this where they can become re-energized about teaching. I was so excited about all the stuff I learned that I know I am wearing my teaching partner Susan out. I think if I try and show her one more thing she is going to smack me.

As you can see from the pic, one of the highlights from my trip was getting to meet THE Bill Nye the Science Guy. He was really nice in the few minutes I got to stand with him as we took the pic and he signed a DVD for Abby (who is a HUGE fan!). I also got to meet Sally Ride, which was also a big deal for me. It was so cool to be surrounded my people who geek out about science like I do.

I also got to visit some of the sites in Boston. On my first day there we hit the Freedom Trail which highlights many historic places in Boston. We also had to walk past Cheers (but no one know my name). On Saturday, we traveled to Salem and visited the witch museum. It was very interesting.

So now I have been home a few days and I am starting to get back into the swing of things. I am working on writing a grant so that I can go to the conference again next year WITH Susan so together we can drive everyone else crazy!!!

No comments: