Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Last Lecture

Well, since I can't go to bed because I haven't quit crying, I thought I'd blog about what I just watched (and since everyone I know goes to bed earlier, you'll want to read this). Diane Sawyer just did a story about a professor from Carnegie Melon University who is dying from pancreatic cancer. He passed on his life lessons in his final lecture that has been made into a book. Watching him with his wife and 3 small children was so powerful. How do you plan your good bye? I don't know if I could do it with the dignity, grace, and humor that he has used. I know I am buying this book. The lecture is about acheiving your childhood dreams and enabling others. Between the fallen fire fighters in our area and the anniversary of Matt Maupin's capture, I cant watch the video right now. But I will. When you have an hour, here is the video from his last lecture.

No comments: