Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer has finally begun!

Well, as you can see by my lack of posting, summer has finally begun at the Thompson household. After The kids and I have enjoyed our first official week of vacation. We went to a poolside teacher meeting on Tuesday where Alex unfortunately got 2nd degree sun burn. The girls and I did a little fossil hunting on Thursday, but we still can't seem to find any trilobite fossils. Lots of little pieces. but no trilobite. We may go looking again this summer.

Our next big event is Emily and Joey's wedding. All 3 kids are in the wedding. We leave at 9:00 am the next morning for our cruise. It will be a 5 night cruise to Key West, Cozumel, and Belize. It was really nice of Em and Joe to invite all of us on their honeymoon! The kids are counting down the days.

On a side note, looks like I might get to help out with a great new family entertainment center opening in West Chester. My father in law has been volunteering for more than a year at a model train entertainment center appropriately called EnterTRAINment Junction. He took us on a tour last weekend and I kept thinking about all the field trip possibilities. After a talk with the director, it looks like I might get to help put together some kind of education program. None of the pesky down time for me this summer!

No comments: