Friday, February 15, 2008

I am SOO much dumber than I thought

I am recovering this evening from taking the GRE today. I have decided I am not a member of this family until I earn a degree from Morehead, so I am working on the requirements for admission in their online Master in School Administration. They require the GRE. For those who have not had the misfortune of taking this test it consists of 2 writing sections, 2 math and 2 language. I consider myself fairly intelligent but I was at a loss on this test. I had NO idea how to do about 75% of the math. The remaining 25% I was only partially clear on. You would thing I would have been ok on the reading and language, but I wasn't. They seemed straight forward, find the opposite, complete the sentence, reading comprehension, etc. It was not. The vocabulary had no basis in reality. I was excited to see the word "SATISFACTORY" and had to find the opposite. Unfortunately NONE OF MY CHOICES had what I thought would be the opposite. Oh well, the good news is, Morehead only requires a minimum score of 750 and I somehow scored a 1070. Although I am sure this is not a great score, it is a passing score and I plan to NEVER take this test again! I am going to bed...

No comments: