Monday, December 31, 2007

Takes me to a place...

Tonight while driving home from the movies I heard My Woman From Tokyo on the radio. I know it may seem strange for me to get a little misty eyed to this song, but it took me right to a significant place in my life. The eve of my wedding, 12:30 am, 4 of us in the room trying to fall asleep after the big rehearsal day, Krissi has yelled at us at least 3 times to shut up so we can get some sleep. After a few minutes of silence, we hear her screech "My Woman From TOE-KEE-OH!!" from her! I can not hear that song without it taking me right to that event in my life. If I were to ever write a book about my life, the chapter titles would be song titles. Each one taking me to that time and place. It is a wonder I get anywhere while driving!

No comments: